Friday, September 06, 2002

Some Friday laughs are in order...

A president's insecurity detail

In their Olympic moment, Romney recalls Bush's worry
By Chris Tangney, 9/5/2002

Republican gubernatorial candidate Mitt Romney, speaking before business leaders yesterday, recalling the Olympic opening ceremony last winter:

''The television audience was estimated at 3.5 billion, more than half the population of the planet. And I'm standing next to the president of the United States, and what I thought to myself is, when we go out there, what does he think? You know what, the president of the United States, as he goes out to an audience like that, with three and a half billion people looking at him, he turned to me and he said, `Do I look fat?'''


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.