Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Brown Blames 'Dysfunctional' Louisiana

It's too late Brown

"I've overseen over 150 presidentially declared disasters. I know what I'm doing, and I think I do a pretty darn good job of it," he said.


Huh? You failed. Stop placing the blame solely on local officials. Take responsibility for your botched role and get on with it.

"Brown's testimony drew a scathing response from Rep. William Jefferson, D-La.

"I find it absolutely stunning that this hearing would start out with you, Mr. Brown, laying the blame for FEMA's failings at the feet of the governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans."


Dems and Repubs alike laid into Brown, who did not take the criticism lightly. He retorted: "So I guess you want me to be the superhero, to step in there and take everyone out of New Orleans..."

Unbelievable, the absolute idiocy of this man… He will deny, deny, deny, until he is deeper and deeper in the hole. It represents a very good foreshadowing to the 2006 Midterm elections next year. Embattled Bush Republicans will do anything and resist as much as possible in light of defeat. The BushCo doctrine and policies are on the line here and the GOP faces an increasing amount of tight races next year. They won't go down without a bloody fight. And progressives will be right there to meet them...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.