Thursday, August 15, 2002

yes yes yes yes yes! I have not owned a tv for three years now and really enjoy the amount of "news" I miss out on. As a matter of fact, I was eating in a resteraunt the other day that had the tv on to one of the all news all day kind of stations and it is amazing in how that now that we have 24 hour news coverage, they have to make up newsworthy things to report. Dragging on a a fire investigation and cutting back and forth from footage to press conference until something moteworthy happens. ANd I think I might add that the amount of pressure the two parties have on the news is big too. I'm for the radio and though it has the same problems it is much easier to turn off. Ever notice how sportscenter has such flashy graphics and entrancing music. That's how my friends can watch it four times in a row. OPium for the masses. Even during the september attacks I found out before a lot of people because I had my radio on as I usually do on my way to work. Actually I might be the only american who still hasn't seen the plane footage. Weird, but by the time I got to a tv later that week they deemed it insensitive to show. YES YES YES YES YES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.