Friday, July 08, 2005

Death Toll rising in London Bombing

Terror attack on the London Transit System appears to the work of planted bombs, NOT suicide bombers, as the American radical right talking heads would have you think.

Speaking of American radical right wing. I was listening to Springer On The Radio this morning and the following were some of the comments (pulled from the show's website) played by extremist right-wing talk show hosts. I almost vomited...

"I mean, my first thought when I heard -- just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, "Hmmm, time to buy."
- Brit Hume

"First to the people of London, and now at the G8 summit, where their topic Number 1 --believe it or not-- was global warming, the second was African aid. And that was the first time since 9-11 when they should know, and they do know now, that terrorism should be Number 1. But it's important for them all to be together. I think that works to our advantage, in the Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together, just 500 miles from where the attacks have happened."
- Brian Kilmeade

"We have 33 dead and 150 seriously wounded. I wouldn't call this a successful terror attack."
- Rush Limbaugh



This is infuriating. To minimize and trivialize the loss of many people going about their daily lives in a sound bite to clearly invoke hatred in indefensible. Hannity goes on to call liberalism and the real terrorist threat. This guy has nothing left. Period. Taking the opportunity to blame the Left after every terrorist action in infantile and baseless. The American Right is clearly cracking. It won't be long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.