Friday, July 22, 2005

It Can't Happen Here...

Congress gives boost to Patriot Act

Bombs go off, US government shaves off more civil liberties. Sinclair Lewis would be proud. Off course this Administration would make the Patriot ACT provision permanent. Just because I read a book from the library that talks about a hypothetical slow fascist takeover of a Democratic Society doesn't implicate me a possible terror threat. Right?

Or maybe I have a copy of the Koran at home and own a T-shirt that shows BushCo as International Terrorist. Does that mean FBI can search my home without telling me?

Last time I checked, we lived in a free society. BushCo keeps telling us "that is why the terrorists hate us." Radical extremist right-wing hacks spout off daily about how liberals don't fall into line and make us more insecure - "letting the terrorists win." But, I am confused. Is not "letting the terrorists win" by chipping away at our civil liberties that make the USA a "free society?" Don't they win when they force our leaders to terrorize their own citizens?

Somebody needs to answer these questions truthfully...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.